Monday, June 13, 2011

Been very busy!

Well it's hard to imagine how life has changed since May 30th! Ruth will be 6 weeks old this Thursday - can't believe it!! She now has a new formula that seems to be helping with her tummy issues. It has made a significant difference in her life as well as ours. She is now happy during the day and can be laid down and not cry and fuss. (she still does this at times but that's just because she wants to be held!) She also slept for 6 hours straight this past Friday and Saturday night - MIRACLE!!! Of course last night was awful and she was up every 3 hours wanting to eat - I'm hoping that maybe we are going through a growth spurt and things will go back to normal - as normal as they can be! Ruth is now tracking moving objects with her eyes and is getting in some serious head lifting exercises. We also found out that she loves to sleep on her tummy - sleeps so much longer and better than on her back. So I am very ready for her to start holding her own head up and rolling over! I am still patiently waiting on her to smile at me - I think that will just be about the best thing ever!

Bryce invested in a baby sling/carrier to help me out when I am home by myself and trying to do things and she wants to be held. It has worked like a charm - she is in there right now, all sung as a bug in a rug!
Well Bryce had his first out of town trip last week. It was hard to see him go and even more difficult knowing that I had to really do this on my own because he was not in the other room to help in case I reached my breaking point. I have to say, we both did ok. I told Bryce that he can go on short trips but no big long ones until she is sleeping more through the night - it's tiring doing ALL the feedings and changings and rockings for 48 hours!!  We were definitely glad to see him when he got home!

Well of course on her 1 month birthday, we had to take some pictures. I wanted some really good ones - like professional looking - LOL you can kiss that notion goodbye. One I'm not a professional photographer and two I'm trying to get a one month old to hold still and be happy!! (Not an easy task!!) I did however, get a couple of good ones that I was very excited and pleased with, so I finally made her birth announcements and I am hoping to get those in the mail soon. I also updated her baby book (man that is a lot of work and upkeep) It's almost too much of a commitment for me to handle or remember. I have to say though - it will be fun to go through it with her when she is old enough - like reliving the labor and delivery story - 21 hours of labor, 2 epidurals that didn't work and finally having to have a c-section)  I'm sure she will get a kick out of reading my thoughts and feelings on her birth!! LOL
This past month has been very exciting and full of change, can't wait to see what next month holds for the Hopkins' household! Enjoy the 1 month old photo session!





No comments: