Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's been a while

Well life has been pretty normal around here since the holidays. We both went back to work and got back in the swing of things. I enjoyed a snow/ice day which was nice but it always means that we will have to make it up later - oh well i guess I will take sleeping in when I can get it. (because according to everyone sleep will be in short supply come May!) Ruth is doing great. She and my stomach are growing each day - hard to believe that I am 25 weeks pregnant!! HOLY CRAP that means only 15 more to go and then she will be here!! I'm not sure we are ready! LOL  I go to the doctor next Tuesday for my oh so fun glucose sugar test - bring it on orange flavored sugar!! We do however, get a sonogram to check up on our sweet girl so I guess I won't complain too much! Although I think she is going to play some type of very active sport when she gets here because I feel like my belly is always moving and she is always letting me know she is there! Just makes me think about what life will really be like in the next couple of months!

Bryce's work has been very busy especially with his sales meetings happening this week! He was in for a surprise on Monday afternoon though. All his friends/coworkers had gotten together and thrown him a little shower; complete with pink cupcakes and plates and napkins!! He was just telling me how blessed he feels to be working with such a great group of people! I have to agree with him!!

On another note Duchess is now at her new home where she has been nick-named "Queen of the Farm"! Go figure!! It was a hard decision to decide to find her a new home but we both decided that it would not be fair to her to live in a house where she would be limited. So the search began to find the perfect home for our fat, sassy cat! Thank goodness we found one. She is now the only cat/pet to a sweet lady and they have really bonded! I couldn't be happier and I know Duchess is happy as well. I really don't think Blitz even noticed she was gone - such a DOG!!!

This past weekend was very eye opening for me and my limits. I had the weekend to myself while Bryce went on a guys hunting trip. I decided to clean the house since Lynn ( OUR FABULOUS HOUSEKEEPER!!!!) had surgery on both her knees right before Christmas and can't come and clean for me!! :(   Well it had been a while since I had been that active and used certain muscles as well as be 25 weeks pregnant - can we say Oh My Gosh!!! I could barely move that night - my back and feet felt so bad - so i said ok Bryce is cleaning the house next time!! Please hurry up Lynn and get better, we miss you so very much!!

I am looking forward to Saturday as well, Bryce and I are off to Starkvegas to watch a basketball game and eat lunch!! I love spending time with him and Starkville is a perfect place to do that!

Well i think i have caught you up on our life in the past weeks! i am sure there will be an update after our doctor's apt on Tuesday, Until then have a great week and weekend!

4 comments:

J Hammer said...

The sonogram is SO worth the orange sugary stuff! It's not as bad as they say! I'm glad she is kicking you and you actually get to feel it! I was worried at times that Grady got lost somewhere... I never felt him kick! Guess he was too cramped! ha!

Pam said...

Mimi is sooooo excited and will be available to help in whatever way you need me....even cleaning the house. How thankful I am to God for His goodness!

Unknown said...

A) I'm jealous you have a housekeeper...maybe again one day! :)
B) I feel your pain girl (literally)...we moved from Alabama back to Texas a few months before Walker was born and packing up an entire house...I had to take 'sit down' breaks every 30 mins. You take it easy on yourself and Miss. Ruth...you're allowed! :)

Blessings- EJ

daddy said...

Mike said:

Glad ya'll are back on line. I've missed my "Ruth updates". Just let me know if you need help cleaning again - I'll be glad to bring Mimi over.