Thursday, October 14, 2010

Some B&B

Well Joanna now has an "official" baby bump. So now you are thinking AHHHH I get the title, well you would be wrong. The second "B" actually is for Bryce's bravery for giving blood today. Ok so I am sure several of you have given or give blood all the time, but today was my first time and I don't like needles nor the site of my own blood.

See as a small child I would see the site of my own blood and then a few seconds later I would have passed out. So I really don't care to see my own blood. I also don't like needles and the ones they use to draw blood could be used as a "shank" in prison!! With all that being said I did it anyway, but not for me, I did it for Joanna and the baby. (Insert here thought from Joanna - What is my husband going to be like during labor??!!)

If my company had enough people to sign up then all of those that did would receive blood for free for a year as well as their immediate family members. So since I knew the baby would be coming next year I figured I would make sure they were covered. The good news is I did make it through the process. During the process I found out that the nurse is related to Fred Smoot. For those of you who do not know the great Fred Smoot, I am attaching a quick link for your enjoyment. To this day Bulldog Fans still call him by only his last name and it is actually said SMMOOOOOOOOOTTTTT.

Ok I better get going I have to get the cornbread out of the oven before Joanna eats my arm!! See the photo of the baby bump bellow.

Fred Smoot talkin Smack!!

No comments: