Wednesday, May 4, 2011

39 Week Doctor Apt. - COME OUT!!!

Well I am 39 weeks and 3 day pregnant and VERY ready for this baby girl to get here!!! Unfortunately the doc says that's probably a no go judging by the signs of my body. I am still stuck at 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated!! UGH!!! Stubborn little girl!! I have to say I was and still am a little disappointed to hear that news. I was for sure hoping to have progressed a little bit further along, especially with all the contractions and movement this week. I just feel like I have a long week ahead of me. She is not showing any signs of slowing down or giving me a break - except to maybe break a rib!! I sent last night from 11 to 12 walking the living room and hallway because she was so active I could not physically lay down and sleep. The only way it was bearable was to be up and moving - which makes for a really long night. It also doesn't help when you can hear your husband snoring away in the bed throughout the whole house. I keep telling myself this is good practice but I mean come on at least she will be here in my arms and I'll have something sweet to look at- right now all I can do is yell at my belly!! UGH oh well I guess I need to quit venting and just be happy that she is healthy and coming out next Wednesday!!! I just need some prayers for my sanity and a safe delivery next week! I am excited about meeting our newest addition I just wish she would make an early arrival!! :)

1 comment:

J Hammer said...

When I saw that you'd sent a text today, I thought for sure that it was going to say you were in the hospital about to deliver! Ruth is taking her time, huh? Don't worry...she'll be here soon enough and you won't even remember all of this! Well except of course to tell HER one day about how stubborn she was! This time next week, it'll all be over and you'll be saying "Why can't she just sleep just another 30 minutes???" ha. Tell Bryce to enjoy the snoring while he can!
I can't wait to meet her!