Thursday, May 5, 2011

Funny what can happen in a few hours

Ok so here we are blogging from Woman's hospital. Yep you guessed it Ruth will be here today!! So I know you want the details so I will tell you my side of the story.

At about 1:20am I heard Joanna call for me but of course I was so out of it I had no idea where she was. She was in the bathroom and asked for her phone, water, and a bath cloth. So I "quickly" stumbled into the bathroom to see what the heck was going on. Joanna then informed me that she was having contractions and had been having them since about 10:45pm. So of course I asked the obvious question "why did you not wake me?" Her response "I have been calling for you for a good 30 min, plus I was banging on the wall, as well as clapped my hands!!"  Oh.... Well the dog never moved either so give me a break here.

Then I started counting the contractions with her and after an hour of steady contractions about 5 min apart, we called the doctor. We were then told to come on up and so at 3am we were here. Once in the bed they started monitoring the contractions. Of course they slowed down, but when they came they were longer and stronger.

At 6am the doctor was called and it was decided that Joanna would be having the baby today. She did give us the option to go home, but we both knew we would be back here this afternoon. We were told this will be a long process and to try and rest. Ok really??? If the contractions woke Joanna up, how the heck is she going to sleep? I mean I can... but let's not go there.

Stay tuned as I am sure we will keep updating as we can. And yes once she is here we will upload some photos. I will let you all know that Joanna and baby are doing well, as well as can be!

1 comment:

Poppy said...

I'm SOOOOOO excited for you three!!! Your telling of the "happenings" sounds peculiarly similar to another one I "heard!". I will be praying for you and your sweet family. I can't wait for you to finally get to hold your God's little blessing! P.S. Do you need anything at Krogers?