Friday, May 13, 2011

Home Alone

So yesterday Joanna and I sent home all our help... what the heck are we thinking!! All kidding aside we had to start getting use to life without help. Of course this does not mean we won't still accept food! :) Well it seems to be a pattern that Ruth likes to wake up in the late afternoon an hour to an hour and a half before feeding time. While this is not a big problem, she is testing us. She wants to see if we will feed her early so she screams and pitches a fit, but neither Joanna nor I give in. So yesterday when this started we decided to try something new, we went for a stroll!!

Now I have to say when we first got in the stroller it was not working, but once we were outside walking down the street she quit her fussiness. I now know that car rides, and stroller walks seem to work for a while. After the stroller ride we still had about an hour till feeding time, and she starts screaming again.  Now we go to plan B. What is plan B you ask... Grab the car seat, put her in it, put her on top of the dryer, and turn it on! At first she would have none of this, but then a little rocking plus the dryer vibration did the trick.

We are now 10 min away from feeding time, so since she hates baths, we decided to go ahead and give her one. Yes you guessed it she was not happy. Joanna did tell her that in a few years she will LOVE baths, however not today. Ok so bath is finished and we are dry and ready to eat so daddy will feed her. Life is good and everything is going great, then it happened...

Ruth had just burped and then there was this sound in her tummy. It seemed to be getting louder and louder, which I thought was strange, and then the sound stopped. What happened next was of course one of my worse fears. No I did not get spit up on... I got PUKED ON!! All over my chest and down my belly, everything she had just eaten I was now wearing. I was able to get my shirt up in time to catch the pool of puke. Now most of you know I have a very weak stomach but I thought I did quite well here. I called for Joanna who came around the corner and was like, "holy cow the baby exploded all over you!!" Yes she was laughing. So she took Ruth and cleaned her up as I went out side and dumped my shirt in the grass, I'm sure the neighbors enjoyed the show.

After that life calmed down and we could focus on who was going to take what shift in the feedings. I offered to take the 1am and 4am, and Joanna would take the 10pm. Well I don't know what all happened but when I got up at 1am Ruth was asleep in the swing and Joanna was on the couch. I got Ruth and Joanna had informed me that she had only been asleep for maybe an hour. Well I did all I needed to do and she went right back to sleep. The rest of the night was pretty calm but Joanna and I are both pretty tired. Next week ought to be interesting.

We have had some play time and below are some photos of that. Joanna and I both agree Ruth is going to be crawling a lot sooner than we are ready for! Enjoy...






2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

So so so cute! I love how alert she is....she is really taking it all in!

Pam said...

This is perhaps the most entertaining blog report, yet! Mike and I have just laughed out loud..so proud of you, Bryce that you did not hurl What a beautiful child but I know she misses her Mimi.