Monday, May 23, 2011

Who's afraid of pooh?

As the old saying goes baptism by fire, yeah I got to experience this wonderful joy of parenthood.

The other night I was feeding Ruth and of course everything is going well. Then it comes time to burp, so we do followed by another sound out of the "southern" region. I think to myself, uh oh... Then Ruth looks at me and kind of gives me a face that says oh, I feel better. Now you would not think that something that small could produce a smell that bad but they can. So after a few moments I notice the smell is not going away, in fact it's almost as if it is right under my nose. Well it was, in a way, it was all over my shirt! Now Joanna is on the couch enjoying herself as all of this is happening. So since she thinks this is funny I decided to let her take the poop monster and I will go and clean myself up. Yeah I went back into her room to see how bad it was, bad idea...

The smell made the gag reflex turn on so I quickly left the room and went to get some fresh air as Joanna is still laughing. Thankfully my wonderful wife was there to step in and take charge of the situation. I was afraid I was going to have to deal with that myself. Now let's fast forward to Monday, May 23rd.

Joanna has dinner with her friends so it is daddy daughter time. No big deal, in fact looking forward to it. So I have my dinner and then it is time to feed Ruth. Again going great and then it happens. I hear the sound I was dreading and could smell a smell that made a dead deer smell good. Now Joanna did tell me that "IF" I thought the diaper was going to leak to quickly grab a burb cloth and use it to cover her backside with. So I do that and we are all good, but I know that I am going to have to change this. Well to my fear the smell does not go away, and for some reason my shirt feels awful warm. So I decide to go and change her and then we can finish the feeding. What happens next I was not ready for, in fact it was down right "DIRTY"

I put Ruth on the changing table and to my shock and horror her outfit was a puke green to yellow color, all the way up to her chest. As for my shirt, well you get the picture. No time to think, just act. Therefore I simply take off my shirt and start to try and get Ruth out of her outfit. I told myself you only get one shot at this, if this does not work I will cut it off! Well I did not have to cut it off so now it was on to the diaper. I will spare you the details but it was not looking good. I have a lady I work with at the office that told me to breathe in and out of my mouth in times like this. Good call here, as I almost hyperventilate!! Ok so diaper is off but the smell is still reaching my nose, so I quickly grab the powder and give it a good shake all over Ruth and this diaper. Now this works and I am on to using half the box of the wipes to clean her. After that we were home free and my gag reflex did not kick in, I"M SO PROUD OF ME!!!

Ok well tonight is bath night so why worry about putting clothes on, so I grabbed a blanket and wrapped her up and then went back to feeding. All in all it made for an interesting evening but afterwards things went great.

Below are some photos of Ruth, since I have not uploaded any in a while. Enjoy!!








1 comment:

daddy said...

Mike says;

Bryce, you are hilarious! Glad you got to "bond" with Ruth.